The tender Specialist is responsible for creating comprehensive responses to calls for tender. Review each call for tender in detail with the responsible commercial person to determine a response strategy, which includes the scope of delivery pricing and timelines.
The Tender Specialist will co-manage the tender process to assist in the strategic growth of the sales division, contract compliance as specified in the RF0, and tender scope, for procurement and supplier contracts
As the Tender Specialist, you are also responsible for monitoring the tender submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, reporting, and compliance. You will assist in the management of data related to the tendering process
- Prepares tenders and standardized tender templates and documentation.
- Develops the bid and tender strategy
- Prepares initial tender documentation and coordinates obtaining the required approvals.
- Maintains a list of qualified vendors, especially as related to planned tenders
- Compilation of various inputs to create a more complete tender proposal
- Monitoring deadlines
- Evaluation and contract negotiation
- Liaises with the User Department on an ongoing basis with respect to Tender requirements and Tender status
- Corresponds with vendors in conjunction with the tender process as required, ie, non-disclosure agreements, confirmation of interest, etc
- Assists in the preparation and/or review of Tender Documentation Packages comprising Instructions to Bidders, Contract Forms, General Terms and Conditions, Bid Forms, etc.
- Assemble and maintain internal Procurement documentation relating to the tendering process, including recording management approval relating to tendering and contracting actions.
- Maintains tender files and arranges their archiving upon Tender completion
- Prepares Tenders status reports and expected timelines on a regular basis and when requested.
- Prepares correspondences to internal departments, bidders, and contractors
- Assists with the development of procurement software applications for the Project Implementation Team
- Liaises and coordinates activities with Financial Services In view of the developing and changing needs and opportunities within the company during this start-up phase, this position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow through successful acquisitions to completion
• Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Professional education in Purchasing, or equivalent
• Experience in Tender processes – RFI’s, RFQ’s and RFP’s
• Procurement Contracting skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong knowledge of local business practices and legal processes
• Demonstrated ability to perform independently with minimal supervision
• Fluency in spoken and written English