You will be responsible for monitoring and assessment of all media types, both regionally and nationally on behalf of the company, utilizing state-of the art media analytics tools and preparing reports.
● Scan and monitor local television, radio, Internet and social media for news items on behalf of the company.
● Use standard tools to determine trend and other analysis of “mentions” in the media.
● Compile daily reports.
● Monitor regional medias to ensure that all “mentions” are captured.
● Compose and prepare periodic reports for the company about their media occurrences.
● Develop and update knowledge of our offerings and those of our competitors including prices.
● Capture and report on all mentions measurements, production, and turnaround time
● Ensuring that the company receive reports in a timely and accurate manner.
● Actively monitor trends in the media for various industries and report same to supervisor.
● Maintain and up to date issues log.
● Other related task and assignments as required.
- A University degree in Marketing or Communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work experience in media and marketing is desirableAlso required:
- Work starts from 2pm
- Must be able to frequently demonstrate initiative
- Must be able to analyze problems logically and objectively
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including coaching and negotiation skills
- Must be self-confident
- Excellent team working abilities
- Must take a methodical approach to gathering, researching and editing information
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines, establish priorities, and organize / handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations
- Demonstrate the ability to identify problems and provide sound recommendations to solve existing problems
- Plan tasks and perform the duties by coordinating with other team members
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Remain calm in stressful or uncertain situations
- Be dependable/ responsible and resourceful
- Demonstrate knowledge in the principles of communications, information and public relations
- Demonstrate general knowledge and use of computer software (ie. Google Drive, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel)