Brief Company Profile
Our client is a reputable civil (Class 3) & building (Class 5) company based in Dar es Salaam with a strong understanding of the local scenery as far as the construction sector is concerned.
The company undertakes Building, Structural, and Civil Engineering projects which include all of the engineering works through design and project implementation for building schemes, factories, industrial developments, and housing estates.
Their diverse experience in Tanzania coupled with dynamic engineering and project management skills means we can deliver cost-effective and innovative solutions to the most complex civil engineering problems. Their executives are actively involved in every project. They’re in the field hands-on, leading teams, listening to clients, driving strategy, and delivering
They are looking for a Head Mechanic/ Workshop Manager for their mid-sized construction company with growth plans who will report directly to the General Manager. The company currently owns a fleet of over 20 vehicles plus other construction equipment that range from;
- Wheel Loaders
- Water Bowsers
- Semi – Trailers
- Supervisory Vehicles i.e Leyland, Toyota Hilux, Land Cruisers
Required Skills & Experience
- Responsible for ensuring that all machinery and equipment are properly maintained for effective operations of the company.
- Must possess good knowledge in identifying and managing spare parts.
- Good working knowledge of machines, hydraulics, and pneumatics is desirable.
- Knowledge of the repair and maintenance of light to heavy trucks and construction equipment.
- Should have the ability to work independently and exhibit the right leadership
- Basic Computer literacy in MS Office and other office applications is desirable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/automotive engineering field or equivalent qualifications is desirable.
- Adhere to and implement policies and strategies on machinery and equipment.
- Develop maintenance and servicing schedules for all machinery and equipment.
- Ensure timely maintenance and servicing of all plant machinery and equipment.
- Diagnosing faults and ensuring timely repairs of the plant machinery, and equipment.
- Analyze all machine failures (breakdown, unplanned corrective maintenance) and implement corrective measures to prevent re-occurrence of failures and safety incidents
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain and service plant machines and equipment.
- Proper record-keeping of all machinery and equipment.
- Requisitioning and verifying quality spares ordered for machinery and equipment
- Assessing project requirements.
- Proper coordination of junior mechanics and electricians.
- Provide guidelines and basic training on proper use and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Ensure adherence to Health, Safety, and environmental regulations.
- Prepare and avail information and reports on all activities.